Over the Top Light Rye Bread offers a simpler way to bake bold rye breads and rolls with excellent flavour. It is produced from high-quality milled rye, wheat flour and essential ingredients and makes up to four standard loaves. Thanks to this convenient pre-mix, you get to experience the simple pleasure of warm, homemade, fresh-from-the-oven bread with delicious, consistent results.
A convenient pre-mix for making bold rye bread with excellent flavour
Well-balanced with a blend of milled rye, wheat flour and essential ingredients
Perfect for baking quality rye bread and rolls
Makes up to four standard-sized bread loaves
Ingredients Milled rye, wheat flour and essential ingredients
Net weight 2kg
Use and care Reseal packaging once opened or transfer the flour to an airtight container
Keep dry and store in a cool, dark place
Made in Australia
Over The Top Bread Mix – Light Rye 2kg
Milled Rye blended with suitable wheat flour to produce quality rye bread and rolls with excellent flavour.
Bread Making Guide & Tips
BENCH MIXER WITH DOUGH HOOK BREAD MACHINE
– Place ingredients in mixer bowl.
– Mix on speed 1 until Ingredients are combined.
– Turn up speed to 2 and mix for 6-8 minutes.
– Follow steps 2-4 in ‘Knead by Hand’ method.
1. Amount of water can vary depending on Bread Machine or personal
preference, (Variation + /- 30ml, increments of 10ml). Optimal water amount is important for great bread and often more water is better than less. Start with the target amount and then based on the results increase or decrease the water up to +/- 30ml.
2. If your machine has difficulty kneading the dough, or if your loaf is too small, or has a ragged top crust, then add more water in subsequent bakes.
3. If your loaf is too large with sticky crumb and holes, then reduce the water in subsequent bakes.
KNEAD BY HAND
1. Mix ingredients together and knead for at least 10 mins. Dough needs to be smooth and elastic.
2. Place in a large bowl to proof and cover with a damp tea towel or plastic wrap. Place bowl in a warm position until dough doubles in size (this may take up to 1.5 hours depending on temperature)
3. Knock back dough and shape into the desired loaf or divide dough evenly for baking into rolls . Place in your oiled baking tin/tray. Cover and Place back in warm position untill dough has doubled in size (about 1 hour)
4. Bake on Fan forced oven at 220°C (200 fan forced) until golden brown. Depending on size rolls take approximately 25-30 mins and loaves approx 35 mins.